A New Year's Gift from My Heart to Yours
I've always appreciate the old adage, "If you don't know where you're going, you'll probably end up somewhere else." It seems true for life—regular, daily life—and it also seems true for the inner life.
If we are dedicated to our spiritual path, there is value in taking time to assess what our intentions for growth are. To do so is really quite simple and enjoyable. When we speak of setting spiritual goals, we are not talking about "crack the whip" sorts of goals, but, instead, a holy purposefulness. We can do so with gentleness and self-compassion and, obviously, as a co-creative effort with the Divine. Spiritual goal setting involves:
• getting in touch with your highest purpose
• creating a lifestyle that is in alignment with this purpose and your core spiritual values
• incorporating daily practices that nourish your spiritual connection
• establishing a deep and meaningful relationship with the Divine (as you understand it)
In January of 2014, I created a 90-minute tele-seminar titled, "Jumpstart Your Spiritual Life." It was widely attended and those who participated felt that it was a valuable tool to launch a new year.
This tele-seminar was recorded and exists as a downloadable mp3 recording. There were also handouts that went with the program: workbook pages to set and clarify spiritual goals, a daily schedule to help you find time for your inner life, inspiration, and more.
I would like to offer this audio-seminar to you as a New Year's gift.
"Jumpstart Your Spiritual Life," the tele-seminar, is completely self-guided. Just listen, have your handouts printed out, and I will talk you through how to get your inner life on track for 2015. We'll do this together!
It could be your happiest New Year yet by attending to your inner being in loving and peaceful ways with the help of this program.
Here's how to get started:
Click here to download the audio seminar (90 min)
Click here to download the pdf handouts
Enjoy! And may you have a blessed and most happy New Year!
I've been goodly busy here just having hosted our largest family gathering yet for Thanksgiving. It was a wonderful time of being with adult children and grandchildren we don't see quite often enough.
And now we are full blown into the holidays. I've made several vows to myself this year—ways to stay plugged-in to the Holy and unplugged from stress or overwhelm. Here are my top 10:
• I vow to stay present and mindful so I know what I need to feel well and happy.
• I vow to eat mindfully and healthfully.
• I vow to engage in sacred rest when I need it.
• I vow to spend some time each morning with my candle lit and my heart attuned to the One.
• I vow to be gentle and compassionate with myself because this IS potentially a stressful time of year.
• I vow to set healthy limits and boundaries so I do not fall prey to overwhelm, "shoulds," or pressure from others.
• I vow to savor the season with music, lights, laughter and "presence."
• I vow to keep things simple and stay attuned to the true meaning of this "Season of Light."
• I vow to hold a compassionate stance and keep my heart open to everyone—no matter what.
• I vow to give thanks daily for the many blessings I have been given, and offer advance praise for all those yet to come.
Well, these are just a few of my kind promises. I could sit here a bit longer and, likely, come up with a whole lot more but, after all, 'tis the season, and there is much to make jolly. There are surfaces to decorate and cookies to bake.
May I--may we all—do so mindfully, kindly and self-compassionately all throughout this beautiful month of remembering, waiting for, and welcoming in the Light.
What kind promises can you make to yourself to ensure that your love and Light shine during the holidays?
(Photo credits: Top image
is a touchpoint. a resting place, a "remembering" of who we really are and how we are meant to live.
Pre-Order Your Copy Today
Janice Lynne Lundy, DMin
is an educator, interspiritual director/guide and retreat leader who has been pointing people back toward the Sacred for more than twenty years. She is the author of several spiritual growth books, including Your Truest Self, My Deepest Me and Portable Peace., and is the co-founder and director of the Spiritual Guidance Training Institute.